at Univision Television Headquarters
Phoenix Police DepartmentEnforcement of SB1070 Section 2b
Location: 30th Street and Southern Ave
Time: 5 p.m.
Date: October 4, 2012
The Barrio Defense Committee’s have indirectly received information that Police Chief Daniel Garcia has scheduled a meeting with the with City of Phoenix Police Advisory Board at the Univision Building at 5 p.m today October 4, 2012.
In spite of the fact that the Comités de Defensa del Barrio have in Good Faith reached out and communicated with the office of the Police Chief Garcia, and have in fact confirmed representation on the Phoenix Police Advisory Board, our representatives HAVE NOT BEEN INFORMED OR INVITED to partcipate in today's meeting at UNIVISION.
We denounce this practice as an UNACCEPTBLE violation of Public Trust by Public Officials, in discrimination against our Civil and Human Rights as citizens of the City of Phoenix.
We have made public inquiry before the City of Phoenix Council and Chief Garcia of the Phoenix Police Department regarding the policies of Phoenix Police Department in this regard and have received no answer.
AN ISSUE OF CIVIL AND HUMAN RIGHTS
Demand for Accountability
The City of Phoenix is a Public Institution
We Are All Members of the Public
Clarification: The issue of citizenship or nationality in the Republics of North America (context: NAFTA) is a separate and distinct issue.
In public presentations before the Comités de Defensa del Barrio, the City of Phoenix Police Chief Garcia has informed that the presentation of a Mexican passport would suffice to serve as valid identification for public safety officers.
Demands for Immediate Clarification
1) Is showing a Mexican Passport reasonable cause under Police Order 4.48 for contacting ICE or a valid public identification?
2) Is “Broken English” reasonable cause to call ICE?
3) Are the racial profiling allegations of officers by the Barrio Defense Committees being investigated?
4) Is Police Order 4.48 a license for officers to racially profile?
5) Will the police advisory board include affected communities or will it be only professional appointees?
|Nations and Pueblos of the Uto-Aztecan Language Family|